Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2009

Living Single

I've been single for about a two years now. I must say it's really not as bad as I thought it would be, unless you count the following:
Single Food shopping
*probably the most depressing thing is to walk down that cold aisle with the elevator music playing knowing that you're shopping for one
Cleaning
* Personally, i enjoy cleaning. However, when you have a significant other, certain "duties", better known as chores, are doled out between two people,
unless you live alone, and then you are responsible for everything
Going out to eat
*Needs no further explanation. I know there are plenty of people out there who think to themselves, "but I enjoy going out to eat by myself". Well, I call bullshit on that one. You might as well just bring your cat.
Conversation (AKA-Bitching and Complaining)
*Yes, you can have a conversation with your friends/family, but there's nothing like coming home and bitching and complaining to the one person who really doesn't have the heart to tell you to stop.
Driving
*This is the exception. Actually driving is one of the things that is way more beneficial to do when single. The critiques and the back-seat driving, I can do without.
I am an extremely independent woman that has liberal views, don't confuse me as the type that "needs to be in a relationship". Personally, I believe that living single is the one of the best things I I've ever done because it forces me to spend time with myself and enjoy my own company but there are definite benefits to having that someone special in your life. There is also pitfalls...I'll discuss them in my next blog. : )

1 comment:

OWW/Claire said...

Ummm Melanie...when you find that person that doesn't care if you give them the worse of your day in detail...give them my number! I certainly don't live with anyone like that..."mom...really do you think we care about your trivial life" that might be more like it...adding 'so, what are you making for dinner?'

Great post Melanie...I really love reading your 'stuff'

By accident I deleted some of the pictures of those in my following group...so next time you stop by please put your picture on please.

Melanie...really I think you are so darn honest in your posts...a rare treat in the cyberworld for some.

Love,
Claire...your best sweater critic